PAYMENT AND ORDERING
If an item ordered is unavailable, we will contact you. If you wish to cancel the order we will promptly refund your payment to your credit card or Paypal account. Please note that sometimes it may takes a number of days for the transfer of funds to appear on your statement.
10% Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) applies to sales to addresses within Australia and is included in the Australian Dollar advertised price of each item.
Shipments overseas might be subject to duties and taxes specific to the country of destination and these are the responsibility of the customer. It is against the law to understate the value of items we sell and we will not do this in any circumstances.
You will be charged in Australian Dollars.
On The Music Place website, we’ve got a few links to other sites; that’s just part of operating on the web. As such, The Music Place isn’t responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites. We would expect that you’ll have no issues with them, but we want you to be aware of this possibility.
The Music Place complies with the Commonwealth of Australia Privacy Act 1998 and does not disclose personal information other than to facilitate the purchase and supply of products or services from The Music Place or where required to by law. Information held is stored securely.
Server Logging & Website Cookies
Each customer’s computer uses an IP (Internet Protocol) address when they are online, which is logged by our server. We use your IP address to identify your web site use, assist in the ordering process, help diagnose any problems with your order and our server in general, and to gather broad demographic information such as visitor numbers.
Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give the The Music Place website or any other website access to the rest of your computer, and only the website that created the cookie can read it. Cookies allow you to take advantage of the best features offered by websites. If you prefer, you can set your web browser (such as Internet Explorer) to notify you when a site is using a cookie and/or to refuse it. Click here to find out more about cookies, a standard feature of many web sites.
How We Collect Customer Information
The Music Place also gathers information about customers through:
- Shopping cart order forms
- My Account contact profile update form
- Promotional contests (an opt-in choice)
- Newsletter registration form (an opt-in choice, opt-out is available on every newsletter email)
- Contact Us email form
How We Use This Information
The information we obtain from you is used for these purposes:
- To process payments for product purchases and send you items you have ordered
- To contact you if necessary (regarding your purchase or contact details provided)
- To generate purchasing statistics from online surveys and competitions (an opt-in choice)
- To contact you if you win a competition (an opt-in choice)
- To send you information about our company/products and promotional material from some of our partners (if you join one of our mailing lists, an opt-in choice)
- To answer any general queries you submit via our contact us email form
Our ABN is 17 620 820 297
The Music Place is a registered trading name of Sounding Grace Pty Ltd.